Pages

Thursday, March 22, 2012

A HEART FOR PRAYER


When the Lord first did His mighty work in me I was led to a place I had not spent much time. Where was that place? Prayer. Having been born into and raised up in the same church or body of believers it was natural to have prayer. We prayed before studies and we prayed at the ending. We prayed often during our morning worship at select times. However, the “polite” church praying was not enough for me. Please do not misunderstand that what I say is laying blame or accusation of my church! Never! What I am saying is that in my local church there is order. We seek as a whole to provide a chorus of a UNIFIED voice to God. A chorus of voices crying out together silently and also openly in our churches is a good thing!

What I am saying is that the work God wrought out in me was a work for me and for them and now is for you. You see, the personal prayer life and the prayer life of a church can be two different things. What I witnessed and as my own personal experience in the church on Sundays never exposed me to the messy battle and war that can be in prayer when we are alone; the personal individual life that we are to have if any personal growth into Christ our head is to take place. For me, as it is for most, I was driven to prayer by an over abundance of sin in my life. Problems and worries and guilt and a lack of knowledge... I could go on and on. For a vast majority of all people I do not think I would be amiss to say that this is the “normal” path for all. Some tragedy in our life that brought us to our knees. Sadly, most have stayed only on their knees as long as the current tragedy persisted. Once the tragedy was ended the longing and need for prayer went away also. They have never found it to be or saw it to be what Christ demonstrated it to be for us. A place not only for pleading, but a place for PRESSING IN! They have never understood that just because the Lord commanded us to go to a quiet place doesn't mean that once we are there that it is to always REMAIN QUIET!

No, brothers and sisters in Christ listen to me. Let me plead with you for a moment. My heart breaks and even now I am in tears for you. Won't you walk with me for awhile? Would you let me be faithful to my Lord and my Saviour and allow me to walk in faith with the commission given to me and allow me to lead you to His throne? It is my prayer that you will. It is my hope that when you find my words here that you will be drawn to come back as often as you will to walk with me as we go before the throne. Let me help you to break out of a drought. Let me assist you to the place where any and all strength for any work is to be found and met by the loving grace of our Lord Jesus.

For as long as it is His will you will find me here as we walk together to the throne of God. It would so encourage me to know that you are walking with me. If you would like to take this journey with me then please let me know by simply commenting on this blog “I am here”. Blessings to you from our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ our Mediator in heaven! Amen.

1 comment:

  1. And I, when I came to you, brothers, did not come proclaiming to you the testimony of God with lofty speech or wisdom. For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. And I was with you in weakness and in fear and much trembling, and my speech and my message were not in plausible words of wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, so that your faith might not rest in the wisdom of men[c] but in the power of God.

    Yet among the mature we do impart wisdom, although it is not a wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are doomed to pass away. But we impart a secret and hidden wisdom of God, which God decreed before the ages for our glory. None of the rulers of this age understood this, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. But, as it is written,

    “What no eye has seen, nor ear heard,
    nor the heart of man imagined,
    what God has prepared for those who love him”—

    these things God has revealed to us through the Spirit. For the Spirit searches everything, even the depths of God. For who knows a person's thoughts except the spirit of that person, which is in him? So also no one comprehends the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. Now we have received not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might understand the things freely given us by God. And we impart this in words not taught by human wisdom but taught by the Spirit, interpreting spiritual truths to those who are spiritual.

    The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned. The spiritual person judges all things, but is himself to be judged by no one. “For who has understood the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him?” But we have the mind of Christ.

    ReplyDelete